JOB TITLE: Duty Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time
REPORTING TO: General Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 45 hours per week
ACCOMMODATION: Accommodation can be provided for this position
BENEFITS: Free Food on Shifts, Company Discount for Food, Drink & Accommodation in all 3 Hotels (The Ship, Maids Head & Gonville), On-site Parking, Company Events, Share of Tips
SUMMARY OF THE JOB ROLE & PURPOSE:
Whilst on duty as “Duty Manager” an intelligent approach to co-coordinating and organising resources for the restaurant bar and accommodation. Is a key feature of this role, additionally this role is customer focused with a great emphasis on host management.
- To organise and ensure the effective running of each service that you are on duty for.
- To assist, coach & delegate duties if necessary, to all F&B staff, before, during and after service shifts, to ensure proper set up & effective service during service times & anticipation for next service.
- To ensure effective communication with the kitchen during each service session.
- To assist with the control, provision and standards of crockery, cutlery, glass, printing stationary, cleaning materials and all other consumable items.
- To participate in the preparation and running of regular communication meetings within the hotel to ensure all staff are aware of new standards, policies, menu items, etc.
- To ensure the correct standards of cleanliness and hygiene as required by law are being met.
- To review with the GM all service standards & procedures and help to implement necessary actions to improve them.
- To promote proactive up-sales activity throughout the hotel whilst on shift with particular emphasis on restaurant and bar.
- To be flexible in approach of the business.
- To be fully conversant in licensing law and regulations.
- To ensure that you are available to assist on the Beverage stock.
- To ensure that the payroll percentage is relevant to business levels.
- To assist the housekeeping department and to check arrival rooms and public areas in the absence of the GM.
- To complete daily closing down procedures to include cashing up and locking the premises.
- To handle any guest comments effectively
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to find out more details 01485 210333